2022-23 HLC Accreditation
On Site Campus Visit
Colorado School of Mines
HLC Site Visit
March 13-14, 2023
Tuesday, March 14 Open Forums
8:00 a.m. – 8:45 a.m.
HLC Open forum on Criteria 1 and 2 (Student Center, Ballroom C)
Criterion 1: The institution’s mission is clear and articulated publicly; it guides the institution’s operations.
Criterion 2: The institution acts with integrity; its conduct is ethical and responsible.
8:00 a.m. – 8:45 a.m.
HLC Open forum on Criteria 3 and 4 (Student Center, Ballroom B)
Criterion 3: The institution provides quality education, wherever and however its offerings are delivered.
Criterion 4: The institution demonstrates responsibility for the quality of its educational programs, learning environments, and support services, and it evaluates their effectiveness for student learning through processes designed to promote continuous improvement.
9:00 a.m. – 9:45 a.m.
HLC Open forum on Criterion 5 (Student Center, Ballroom B)
Criterion 5: The institution’s resources, structures, and processes are sufficient to fulfill its mission, improve the quality of its educational offerings, and respond to future challenges and opportunities.
10:00 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.
HLC Drop-In Session (Student Center, E274 Avery Room)
The peer review team will host a drop-in session for anyone who wishes to meet with the HLC team.
CAMPUS LEADERSHIP TEAM
Institutional accreditation is a campus-wide effort and individuals from various areas of the institution have worked hard to maintain our HLC accreditation. The HLC Leadership Accreditation Team was formed in January 2022 and consists of the following individuals.
- Co-Chair: Dr. Andrew Herring –Vice Provost, Strategic Initiatives & Chief of Staff
- Co-Chair: Tricia Douthit – Director of Institutional Research and Strategic Analytics
- Dr. Tim Barbari – Dean of Graduate Studies
- Dr. Vibhuti Dave – Dean of Undergraduate Studies
- Kevin Gravina – Executive Director of Treasury, Investment, and Business Strategy
- Dr. Michael Kaufman – Director of Materials and Energy Initiatives
- Lori Kester – Associate Provost for Enrollment Management
- Dr. Jeffery King – Faculty Senate President and Professor, Metallurgical and Materials Science Engineering
- Deb Jordan – Director of the Trefny Innovative Instruction Center
- Dr. Colin Terry – Assistant Vice President for Student Life
|May 2021||Quality Initiative Project submitted to HLC|
|Spring 2022||Campus Leadership Team is assembled and begins preparing the Assurance Argument|
|February 2023||Assurance Argument and Federal Compliance finalized and submitted to HLC|
|January 2023||HLC Student Survey administered from January 17-26|
|February 2023||Assurance Argument Lock Date is February 13, 2023|
|March 2023||On-site campus visit on March 13-14, 2023|
|Summer 2023||HLC final report regarding status of reaffirmation of accreditation|
Data Scientist and Interim Director, Institutional Research